

Today we went to vote and had to wait in line for an hour and there were about 150 people in front of us. Not bad considering we thought it was going to be way worse. It was still paper ballots and we had to fill in the bubble with a marker...yea and we wonder why Florida always screws up elections!! Electronic voting people, hello!
Anyway it was still fun to vote. When Dane was in Iraq, 80% of those registered turned out and voted. Each voting station had at least 15 police or soldiers, snipers on the roofs, and you couldn't park within one block of the booths. All that and still so many people voted! We as a country can do better. If anyone reading this didn't vote, slap yourself in the face right now. (ok, Dane is now done ranting and raving...thank you)
2 comments:
This is the first year I've voted! I know I'm 27 but I finally did it. Becky
and I thought my 40 min wait was way too long. Maybe if I didn't have 2 kids that were ready to go before we even got there. WAY to vote guys. When are you coming home? you are for the holidays right?
Post a Comment