Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blessings, New Office



Have you ever had those days when you know you should do something; you want to do it, but its just difficult to do? Well, that is how we felt about paying our tithing last month. Normally its not a big deal (one blessing about being poor is when you don't make a lot you don't have to pay a lot) but last month it was a little more than normal because Dane received a VA payment for his school. They reimburse part of his tuition (very small part, but a part that we are very grateful for.)

We paid our tithing on Sunday and on Tuesday I was offered a new position at my work. One of the girls in another clinic is moving and they offered to let me take over her job. That means I will only have to drive 2 miles to work instead of the 15 I am currently doing and I won't have to pay highway tolls anymore. Plus, I would get a full 40 hours a week instead of my current 32. Unfortunately it means no more Mondays off which I will really miss, but the benefits out weigh the losses so of course I said I would love to take it.

What a huge blessing! The job won't be easy but it will defiantly be worth it. I am sad to leave my old clinics and friends but I will see them around so no worries.
Then to top it off on Wednesday Dane received his December payment from the VA early. Wahoo! The Army is normally late with everything. So we learned that tithing is not the easiest thing to do but it will always be worth it in the end. We love tithing :)

3 comments:

kate said...

Congrats on the new offer. You'll do great! ;)

Teryl said...

Don't you just love it when the windows of Heaven finally open. Especially if you've been allowed to worry and stew over things for awhile first.

Good luck with your new job.

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

Hey guys! It's Rachelle and Reed! I'm so glad that we found you guys! I've missed talking with ya. Congrats and good luck with the new job. We might be coming down that way in the summer, but we still aren't sure! We love and miss you guys!