Sunday, August 3, 2008

Landing the couch

So this is too funny and I just have to tell everyone...since I'm the only one who remembers it! Next week is going to be a big week for Dane. He is finishing his last week of ground school for his Instrument rating and has two big tests, plus the actual FAA written test the week after. He also will be doing a stage check (its like a mid-term for pilots)...so yea, he has been studying like crazy and is really stressed and its starting to show.

Last night at around 3 in the morning I got up to go to the bathroom and saw Dane sitting on the edge of the bed staring into space. When I came back, he was gone. I went to find him and found him sitting comfortably on the couch...in the dark...staring into space. I asked him if he was okay and he said "yea, I'm so tired. I just need to finish this one last landing in the airplane". I said "well, its alright. Lets go to bed". After I got him tucked into bed I asked him if he was okay and he said "yea, I just feel really stupid". The best part was that he didn't remember anything about it in the morning!

Dane has now earned his nigh time couch landing rating under blackout conditions. Yay Dane!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love that? Nothing like studying all night in your dreams, that then waking up in the morning and studying all day.

No rest, no rest, no rest!

Hang in there.

Greg and Annette said...

I had to laugh right out loud on that one! Good luck Dane on your tests and good luck Alicia that she will be able get some sleep! Let us know how it all turns out.

kate said...

Poor Dane!! That's awesome that you guys are moving right along with school though! Yay! :)