Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay


You ever have a fly just keep buzzing around you and no matter how many times you swat at it, it just won't go away? Well we have one of those but instead of being a fly, its Tropical Storm Fay. She just won't buzz off!

All along while I was back in Utah earlier this week, I was blowing off the seriousness of this storm here in Florida saying that it's only a tropical storm and not a hurricane. Well, in the last 3 days here in Sanford, we have received continuous rain totaling more than 9". Not far from here, there are some cities that have received over 20" of rain. So I stand corrected! Tropical storms can suck just as bad as a hurricane.

For the last two nights the wind and rain haven't let us sleep much; or at least won't let Snickers sleep much who in turn wakes us up to tell us there is a frieky wierd storm going on outside! Other than not getting as much sleep as we want, Alicia and I are doing okay. As of Thursday night we still have power, (and the internet...wo hoo!) unlike about 8,000 others in our county. Tons of homes have been flooded out in town but now that we look back, we realize that moving all our crap up to the third floor wasn't such a bad idea!

2 comments:

Greg and Annette said...

How scary! Sometimes that third floor is more of a relief than a burden at times like that. I am glad to hear that you guys are doing well throughout everything.

Greg and Annette said...

You guys are done with Fay just in time for Hurricane Ike! Are you guys surviving down there?